The Pioneer Theatre offers multiple configurations, which determine the audience size. There are six main room configurations:
1. Theatre Mode (maximum 360 seats)
2. Theatre Intimate Mode (maximum 211 seats)
3. Lecture Mode (maximum 418 seats)
4. Cabaret Mode (maximum 220 seats/ 22 round tables)
5. Banquet Mode (maximum 340 seats/ 34 round tables)
6. Flat Floor Mode (full open floor, the room can be divided into two rooms)
Please discuss your needs with your Production Manager who can help establish the best seating configuration and audience capacity for your event.
Cultural Centre Meeting Rooms
There are four meeting rooms that are available for hire. They can be used as standalone rooms, or can be hired as additional artist or administrative support as part of the Pioneer Theatre. For further information please call 1300 426 654 or email:
View the below documents for a more detailed overview of the theatre:
Pioneer Theatre Information Sheet(PDF, 260KB)
Pioneer Theatre & Castle Hill Cultural Centre Full Technical Specifications(PDF, 5MB)
Email us for fees and charges.
Technical Service Providers
The Council has approved the following Technical Service Providers who can offer audio visual and technical event production services to hirers of the Pioneer Theatre, for theatrical performances, seminars or banquet functions.
The hirer may use their own technical support person who is not on the Council’s approved list as long as the chosen person has been inducted into the Theatre prior to any event.
The Hills Shire Council and Pioneer Theatre will not:
- provide staff support for complex audio, video and lighting advice or adjustment and operation of equipment in relation to operating the theatre for an event or
- recommend any Technical Service Providers or accept any liability from hirers or Technical Service Providers in relation to audio visual contractual arrangements entered into between Technical Service Providers and hirers of the facility.
Service Providers Expression of Interest
The Hills Shire Council is seeking expressions of interest from technical service providers who can offer audio visual and technical event production services to hirers of the Pioneer Theatre, for theatrical performances, seminars or banquet functions.
To be considered as part of this Expression of Interest, you will be required to successfully attend a site induction to demonstrate your technical capability, supply relevant insurances and WHS documentation as well as a Working with Children Check upon request, and supply marketing material to be listed on websites and other marketing outlets as an approved service provider.
This Expression of Interest is intended to generate a non-exclusive list of technical service providers (see above) who are familiar with the venue and technical equipment to hirers of the theatre seeking technical assistance. There is no cost to be included on the list.